Tuesday 31 July 2012

Advanced Pistol 2 Certificate



The Advanced Pistol 2 program was another awesome course.  Shooting multiple targeets, moving and shooting and shooting behind barricades are just a few of the elements covered here.  On Wednesday evenings, the TDSA crew get together with the instructors and practice all aespects of what we were taught.  Like anything, reviewing, reminding and practising help to ingrain the principles into ones mind so it becomes natural.  Trust me, I am far from good at this stuff but with practice I hope to be.  Tonite I reconfigured my equipment belt so it felt more comfortable when I reload.
I sent my coach a text regarding what i was doing and he immediatly sent me a text to ensure that when I do reload, I should see the target through my trigger guard.  Awesome tip that I won't forget!
I know that some of my friends have a curiosity and even a desire to pursue pistol shooting and I can't encourage you enough to pursue it.  Challenging, rewarding, a great sense of comradarie with others who share the same interest, outdoors and having fun.  But with that said, I'll be playing basketball Thursday night for two hours and will be hobbled for a week!  Hopefully I'll shoot well! (usually do, at least on the court!)lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment