Sunday 18 November 2012

Cz 75 SP01 Shadow: Canadian Edition

I had heard a lot about the CZ 75 Shadow made in Czechoslovakia.
It was designed in 1975 and has since become immensley popular with military, police, security, competitive shooters and shooting hobbyists.
  A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to shoot 2 magazines through an aquaintance's CZ in black.
Wow! I was amazed.  Not looking to purchase another 9mm, I was helpless to my desire to own one.
After some research, I found it was difficult to find one, but like most things, it's usually right under one's nose.  In my case, Seth at Lanz Shooting Supplies had a few that were going fast.  I made a call to the shop and his wife Sarah put one aside for me.
 The Canadian edition comes in black or stainless.  I went with the stainless.  They are also sent to a CZ gunsmith in US who tunes the trigger, enhances the hammer, tricks out an 11 lb recoil spring and equips them with fibre optic sights.  The grips are in red and laser engraved with our maple leaf.  I am a strong lover of our country and have one more reason to love it even more! 
  I aquired a new Bladetech holster for it , and after reconfiguring my mag pouches... I have my pistol and rig that I'll use for competion this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment