Wednesday 20 June 2012

AP2 of 3 Multipule Targets: Match Simulation


Multiple Targets: Match Simulation

As the second of three parts for my TDSA  Advance Pistol 2 qualification it became clear that there is a whole lot more to this business than meets the eye.  Working with Scott Little and Travis for the last couple of sessions has been a blast!  Refamiliarizing myself with the basics, getting the feel of the firearm again and running some new drills has really helped (helped me see how much practise and time it takes to be proficient!)
  That's one of the things I love about new goals.  If it comes to easy- it gets boring real fast!
In this drill we simulated a match with Scott, Travis and myself.  time and accuracy come into play to give each of us a round by round tally.  I learned quickly that making your shots is mandatory and speed is secondary.  My first score was 3, one missed shot cost me 14 points!  My last score seen here on video was 24 ,if you notice on two of the targets, I take an extra shot to better my score but lengthen my time. Today I borrowed Travis's Glock which i liked better than the last one I borrowed for some reason.  Hopefully soon I'll get my M&P 9, but my instructor Scott tells me that i'm sure to transition to a 911. (I'm sure I will too)

1 comment: