Wednesday 13 June 2012

Strange things CAN happen!


  I was at the range today shooting a Glock 9mm.  In my limited experience and notwithstanding the popularity of Glocks- I really don't like them.  I find the grip not long enough to accept my little finger and as a result  I hold the firearm higher than I should to compensate.  The slide came back and nicked me twice.
  This is a testament that strange things can happen.  My shooting partner today accidentally loaded 11 rounds in the clip!  I did not think this was possible in a ten round.  The gun was proven safe and cleared prior to loading the mag.  I broke off 10 rounds, ejected the mag and aimed uprange as I always do just in  case,  and pulled the trigger.  To my surprise an 11th round fired uprange!
This goes to show how important that safe practices are.  I did pull the trigger with the gun above waist level but in the future I'll always clear it as if there are more than 10 rounds in the firearm!

No comments:

Post a Comment